Javier de la Gándara’s Okofen was placed at the head of the Baitra J80 Winter League this Saturday after winning two of the three contested races
· The Alboroto led by the former champion of Spain in the Javier Aguado class was on the verge of victory and occupies the second position
The Marías of the Portuguese Manel Cunha is third in a competition that still has four days left to know its final outcome
The Okofen of Javier de la Gándara from Vigo was placed at the head of the Baitra J80 Winter League this Saturday after winning two of the three tests with which the competition was inaugurated. The crew came with a thorn in their side after having missed the Autumn League and convincingly demonstrated why they are one of the best teams in the running and one of the clear contenders for the final victory.
Those of De la Gándara haggled with ease and managed to get, in many moments, a significant distance from the rest of the fleet. In fact, in the first heat they crossed the finish line with great comfort separated from the rest.
Somewhat more complicated was the second test, in which they gave prominence to Alboroto, led by the former Spanish champion of the class, Javier Aguado. The sailboat was the fastest to take the buoys and to reach the finish line, winning the heat and leaving Okofen in second place.
But the Gándara crew was not willing to let the long-awaited victory slip away and took advantage of the third and last test of the day to sentence the classification with another first place. And so, with partial 1-2-1, it was how Okofen won the first victory of the Winter League, which the Monte Real Club de Yates organizes until next April thanks to the sponsorship of Baitra Accesorios Navales .
Along with the Okofen and the Alboroto, the other outstanding sailboat of the day was the Marías of the Portuguese Manel Cunha, who always remained very close to the first positions. They finished with results of 2-3-3 and third place in the provisional standings, but if they keep up their good work, they will undoubtedly be one of the crews to take into account in the coming days.
The Top-5 after this first day of competition is closed by Alejandra Suárez’s Cansino and Santiago Estévez’s Spaco, fourth and fifth respectively. The next appointment with the one-design winter league is on the 19th.
· The winter league for 8-meter monotypes is the first event in the Monte Real Club de Yates regatta calendar, which this year includes 12 competitions distributed between January and December
Nearly twenty sailboats will compete from this Saturday until April 2, the six days that include the championship sponsored by Baitra Accesorios Navales
In addition to the regattas and with the sights set on the Spanish and World Championships, which will be organized by the MRCYB, the days of regatta will also include group preparation, boat preparation and strategy briefings
The Monte Real Club de Yates inaugurates its 2022 sports calendar this Saturday with the celebration of the first day of the Baitra J80 Winter League. The 8-meter monotypes are once again the protagonists of a championship that will be held in six stages until next April.
With three races per day, the nearly twenty participating sailboats will compete in a total of 18 regattas, which may be of the windward-leeward type, with two upwind and two stern; or coastal, with routes to be determined each day of competition. In what all the days will coincide will be at the start time, at three in the afternoon; and in the location of the outlet, inside the Bay of Baiona.
In liza we will see about twenty boats, mainly from the Monte Real Club de Yates, which has the largest J80 fleet in Galicia; but also from Coruña (Miguel Fernández’s La Galera), Portosín (Rafael Blanco’s Due) and Bouzas (Juan Martínez Pazó’s ¡Ay Carmela!).
Javier de la Gándara’s Okofen and Manel Cunha’s Marías, both from the MRCYB, will go out on the water ready to revalidate their champion titles from the previous editions of the Winter League and the Autumn League, respectively. They will be seen with other crews that usually end up either on the podium or just touching it, such as Juan Carlos Ameneiro’s Alboroto, Alejandra Suárez’s Cansino, Castor Alonso’s Maija, Santiago Estévez’s Spaco, Bernardo Macedo’s Mondo or the Namaste by Luis de Mira.
In addition to the regattas, and with the sights set on the Spanish Championship of the class to be held in September in Baiona and the World Championship that Monte Real will organize in 2023, the regattas will include group training sessions, preparation of boats and strategy briefings before and after the competition. The goal is for the Galician fleet to arrive at the national and world events as prepared as possible.
Baitra repeats its sponsorship of the event for the second consecutive year, a company dedicated to the marketing and distribution of accessories and naval equipment aimed at the construction and repair of boats, both sports and professional.
The Baitra J80 Winter League is the first of the 12 competitions that Monte Real will organize this year in Baiona. The highlights of the season will arrive in May and September with the celebration of the 52 SUPER SERIES · Baiona Sailing Week and the Spanish J80 Championship. The Baionese club will also compete in the Galician A Dos Championship (June 11), the Final of the Women’s National Sailing League (October); and its four great classics: the Prince of Asturias Trophy (September 2-4) with the National Sailing Awards, the Conde de Gondomar Trophy (July 22-25), the Repsol Trophy (April 29-May 1) and the Comunica Trophy (April 23). The Monte Real sports calendar is completed with a Laser class qualifier (November 5-6), the J80 Autumn League (October-December) and a Route through the Rías Baixas (July 5-10).
BAITRA J80 WINTER LEAGUE
22 JANUARY · FIRST DAY 5 FEBRUARY SECOND DAY FEBRUARY 19 THIRD DAY MARCH 5 FOURTH DAY MARCH 19 · FIFTH DAY APRIL 2 FINAL DAY AND AWARDS DELIVERY
· The Marías of the Cunha family won the final victory of the AEDAS Homes J80 Autumn League held since last October in Baiona
· The Okofen of Javier de la Gándara from Vigo tried to revalidate the title achieved in the previous edition but finally had to settle for silver
· Completed the winners’ podium of the one-design championship organized by the MRCYB el Cansino led by the young woman from Vigo Alejandra Suárez
· With the AEDAS Homes J80 Autumn League, the Monte Real Club de Yates puts an end to a regatta season that included a total of 11 trophies
This Saturday, the Marías became the winner of the AEDAS Homes J80 Autumn League, the one-design championship that had been held in the waters of Baiona since last October under the organization of the Monte Real Yacht Club.
The Cunha family’s sailboat, armed by José Valentím Cunha, skippered by Manel Cunha and crewed by José María Cunha, Vasco Tinoco and Marta Ramada, managed to prevail over the total of 20 with partial 2-2-1-1-2 participants.
Especially significant for the Portuguese team was having beaten its most direct rival, Javier de la Gándara’s Okofen, from Vigo, who had come ready to revalidate the victory achieved in the previous edition of the Autumn League, but who finally had to settle for the competition silver.
“Having beaten Javier, who for us is an idol, and from whom we have also learned a lot, is a milestone,” said Manel Cunha, crew leader, at the end of the competition. “Our goal is to continue preparing for the World Class to be held in Baiona in 2023 and this victory encourages us and drives us to continue training and improving” .
The Marías and the Okofen, which alternated the provisional podiums during the five days that the competition lasted, finished first and second with 8 and 9 points, a minimal separation of just one point that demonstrates the great quality of both crews, who fought until the end to hang the laurels.
The bronze of the championship went to the Cansino, another of the boats that knew how to maintain itself throughout the league in the positions of honor thanks to the balance that involved the good work of the young Alejandra Suárez from Vigo and the boards and experience of Nano Yáñez and Ignacio Sánchez Otaegui.
El Cansino came third in the standings and on the last day consolidated that position with 22 points, 16 points above fourth-placed Luis de Mira’s Namasté (38 points). Fifth place went to Bernardo Macedo’s Mondo, with 41 points.
Marías, Okofen, Cansino, Namasté and Mondo finally made up the TOP 5 of a competition that experienced very complicated days due to the weather, with suspensions, postponements, shortenings, waiting times, route changes, calls to the general classification, protests… there were everything from the beginning and the end was no different.
In the last stage, held this Saturday, only one of the three tests on the program could be held. A second was started, but could not be completed due to a drop in the wind. The winner of the sleeve was Juan Carlos Ameneiro’s Fuss.
The AEDAS Homes J80 Autumn League ended with a fraternization dinner organized by the Monte Real Club de Yates for all the crews. Previously, the award ceremony for the winners was held, in which the General Secretary for Sports of the Xunta de Galicia, José Ramón Lete Lasa, participated; the deputy mayor of Baiona, Óscar Martínez; the president of the MRCYB, José Luis Álvarez and the directors of AEDAS Homes Pablo Rodríguez-Losada and Pablo de la Torre.
With the closing of the one-design championship, Monte Real put an end to its 2021 sports calendar, which included the celebration of the traditional Prince of Asturias, Count of Gondomar, Repsol and Comunica Trophies, a new edition of the National Awards for Sailing, the Autumn and Winter Leagues, the Galician Two-Handed Championship, the Spanish Optimist Championship and the Final of the National Women’s Sailing League. This year the club also organized the Ruta Rías Baixas, to complete the Camino de Santiago by sea; and suffered the postponement due to COVID19 of the 52 SUPER SERIES, which will finally arrive in Baiona in 2022.
AEDAS HOMES J80 FALL LEAGUE Final overall ranking TOP 10
1. MARÍAS MANEL CUNHA MRCYB 8 POINTS 2. OKOFEN · JAVIER DE LA GANDARA · MRCYB · 9 POINTS 3. TIRED · ALEJANDRA SUÁREZ · MRCYB · 22 POINTS 4. NAMASTE · LUIS DE MIRA · MRCYB · 38 POINTS 5. MONDO BERNARDO MACEDO MRCYB 41 POINTS 6. FERRALEMES · ROSARIO GARCÍA · MRCYB · 42 POINTS 7. MAIJA CASTOR ALONSO MRCYB 43 POINTS 8. SPACO SANTIAGO ESTÉVEZ MRCYB 44 POINTS 9. SND CORMORÁN FRANCISCO MARTÍNEZ MRCYB 45 POINTS 10. DUE · RAFAEL BLANCO · RCN PORTOSÍN · 46 POINTS
….. up to 20 classifieds that can be consulted at www.mrcyb.es
· This Saturday the second day of the one-design championship organized by the Monte Real Club de Yates will be held in Baiona
Javier de la Gándara’s Okofen leads the standings followed by Portuguese Manel Cunha’s Marías and Alejandra Suárez’s Cansino from Vigo
· The regattas will begin at three in the afternoon in the bay of Baiona
This Saturday the regattas return to Baiona thanks to the AEDAS Homes J80 Autumn League, which will live its second day starting at three in the afternoon in the waters of the bay. The Galician fleet of 8 meter monodesigns will face, if the weather permits, three new tests that will continue to define the classification of the championship organized by the Monte Real Club de Yates.
With three victories in the three races played on the first day, Javier de la Gándara placed his Okofen, with 3 points, at the top of the provisional classification. With 7 points, he is followed, in second position, by the young Portuguese Manel Cunha’s Marías, another of the prominent names among the J80 fleet and one of those who will give the most trouble, for sure, to achieve the final victory.
Closing the provisional podium in third position, with 12 points, we find El Cansino skippered by Alejandra Suárez, one of the women who is giving the most impetus to the women’s section of the J80 fleet, since just a few days ago she managed, also on board of an 8 meters, the silver medal in the final of the National Women’s Sailing League.
Except for last minute changes, the forecast for the sailing day is quite good. Winds from the southwest of between 9 and 10 knots with peaks of up to 12 are expected, which initially should allow the three scheduled races to be held.
They will be, as usual, windward leeward double lap courses and, if they are completed successfully, the participants will have the option of discarding their worst result, which could leave surprises in the classification.
AEDAS HOMES J80 FALL LEAGUE Classification after the first day
1. OKOFEN · JAVIER DE LA GANDARA · MRCYB · 3 POINTS 2. MARÍAS MANEL CUNHA MRCYB 7 POINTS 3. TIRED · ALEJANDRA SUÁREZ · MRCYB · 12 POINTS 4. LA GALERA · MIGUEL FERNÁNDEZ VASCO · RCN CORUÑA · 13 POINTS 5. MONDO BERNARDO MACEDO MRCYB 15 POINTS
· The sailboat led by Javier de la Gándara and crewed by his son Jaime, Iago Carrera and Diego Fernández was the winner of the one-design winter league
· The Okofen (10 pts) took the gold, leaving the silver and the bronze for the Alboroto by Juan Carlos Ameneiro (16 pts) and the Marías by Manel Marías (26 pts)
· The award ceremony for the winners put an end to the competition organized by the Monte Real Club de Yates with the sponsorship of Baitra
Javier de la Gándara’s Okofen sentenced this Saturday the Baitra J80 Winter League after winning on the last day of tests and taking the final victory of the competition organized by the Monte Real Club de Yates with the sponsorship of Baitra Accesorios Navales
The sailboat led by the navigator from Vigo and crewed by his son Jaime together with Iago Carrera (who replaced Javier on the last day, the other of Gándara’s sons who competed in the previous days) and Diego Fernández, achieved the laurels of the league of monotypes after signing 5 first places in the 8 races disputed.
In the last stage, held this Saturday, De la Gándara and his team, who had been in first position since the second day of testing, managed to maintain their good numbers. They crossed the finish line ahead of the entire fleet in the two regattas of the day, one held inside the Bay of Baiona and the other in the Carallones area, both with a north-westerly wind that moved between 7 and 14 knots.
Okofen finished with 10 points in the general classification, with 6 and 16 points ahead of the second and third classified, demonstrating once again why it is one of the best J80 currently sailing in Galicia.
The silver of the competition went to the Alboroto de Juan Carlos Ameneiro, in which the Spanish J80 champion, Javier Aguado, sailed again this last day. With two second places in the partials of the last day, he did not manage to snatch the victory from Okofen but he did stay in the second place on the podium. It was another favorite and it did not disappoint.
The Marías of the Portuguese Manel María, who came third from the previous day, managed to consolidate the bronze position, leaving few surprises in the top positions of the Baitra J80 Winter League, with a trio of aces that barely gave his competitors a break, occupying practically from the beginning the highest positions in the classification.
Among the rest of the 19 participants, Fernando Yáñez’s Cansino and José Luis Pérez’s Maija were the most outstanding. They slipped into the Top 5 with 26 and 31 points respectively, quite far from the rest of the sailboats.
Further down the table, with numbers starting at 45 points, were Santiago Estévez’s Spaco, Rafael Blanco’s Due, Juan Luis Tuero’s Luna Nueva, Miguel Fernández’s La Galera, Rosario García’s Ferralemes, SDN Cormorán by Francisco Martínez, Namasté by Luis de Mira, Ifaclinic.com by Joao Nuno Allen, Petrilla by Jaime Barreiro, Luxoconf by Jean Claude Sarrade, Miudo by Nacho Salgueiro, Pazo de Cea by Iago Carballo, Picacho by Yago Marquina and Mondo by Bernardo Macedo.
After the dispute of the last tests in the water, the crews met on land to participate in the awards ceremony for the winners, which was attended by the general manager of Baitra Accesorios Navales, Juan Carlos González, sponsor of the event. Awards were also presented by the mayor of Baiona, Carlos Gómez; the delegate of the Xunta de Galicia in Vigo, Marta Fernández, and the sports deputy of the Pontevedra Provincial Council, Gorka Gómez.
The Baitra J80 Winter League is one of the two competitions that the Monte Real Club de Yates organizes exclusively, each year, for the J80 fleet. The second date will be in October with the Autumn League, but beforehand the 8-meter monotypes will also be able to participate in the Galician Two-Fold Championship (June 5), the Conde de Gondomar Trophy (July 23, 24 and 25) and the Prince of Asturias Trophy (3, 4 and 5 September).
BAITRA J80 WINTER LEAGUE MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB
1. OKOFEN · JAVIER DE LA GANDARA · 10 POINTS 2. ALBOROTO · JUAN CARLOS AMENEIRO · 16 POINTS 3. MARÍAS MANEL MARÍAS 26 POINTS 4. TIRED · FERNANDO YÁÑEZ · 31 POINTS 5. MAIJA JOSE LUIS PEREZ 45 POINTS 6. SPACO SANTIAGO ESTÉVEZ 46 POINTS 7. DUE · RAFAEL BLANCO · 60 POINTS 8. NEW MOON JUAN LUIS TUERO 62 POINTS 9. LA GALERA · MIGUEL FERNÁNDEZ · 64 POINTS 10. FERRALEMES · ROSARIO GARCIA · 70 POINTS 11. SDN CORMORÁN · FRANCISCO J. MARTÍNEZ · 71 POINTS 12. NAMASTE · LUIS DE MIRA · 76 POINTS 13. IFACLINIC.COM JOAO NUNO ALLEN 77 POINTS 14. PETRILLA JAIME BARREIRO 86 POINTS 15. LUXOCONF JEAN CLAUDE SARRADE 98 POINTS 16. MIUDO IGNACIO SALGUEIRO 113 POINTS 17. CEA MANOR IAGO CARBALLO 118 POINTS 18. PICACHO · YAGO MARQUINA · 119 POINTS 19. MONDO BERNARDO MACEDO 140 POINTS
Javier de la Gándara’s Okofen reaffirmed this Saturday in Baiona its leadership in the Baitra J80 Winter League organized by the Monte Real Club de Yates
· The sailboat signed a first and a second place in the quarters of the third day and after discarding its worst result it separates from its direct rivals
· El Alboroto and El Marías will arrive in second and third position on the fourth and penultimate day that will be held on May 15
Javier de la Gándara’s Okofen maintains its dominance over the J80 that compete in the Baitra Winter League of the Monte Real Club de Yates. The sailboat led by the ocean navigator not only reaffirmed its leadership in the competition this Saturday, but also managed to further separate itself from its rivals in the ranking.
With a first and a second place in the partials of the third day held this Saturday in the bay of Baiona, and after ruling out his worst result, the Okofen is 4 points behind its most direct competitor, the Uproar by Juan Carlos Ameneiro who is second with 12 points. Marías de Manel Marías closes the provisional podium with 17 points.
Okofen achieved this new victory on a complicated day due to the wind, which had a hard time picking up intensity. The first test that was started, with a slightly shorter route than usual so as not to risk too much, had to be canceled because the wind, which had started from the east with little force, fell completely, leaving the measurements to zero .
Turned into an oil pond, the stage was announced as very complicated to hold a race, but the regatta committee did not give up and kept the sailboats in the water for some time hoping to give them at least one more start.
Finally he succeeded with a north wind of about 6 knots on average, with which the fleet was able to play up to two tests, the fifth and sixth so far in the competition. In both, the sailboats made the usual course, a windward leeward double turn; and with the last one, which the committee decided to cut to ensure their final, they were able to eliminate their worst result so far, something that made the classification dance.
There were some notable jumps, both up and down. The Cansino de Fernando Yáñez, a regular on the provisional podium, lost the third position he had brought from the previous day and fell to fourth; and La Galera, by Miguel Fernández, from the Real Club Náutico de A Coruña, signed the most spectacular climb, from tenth to fifth position, something he achieved thanks to his good performance this Saturday, with a first and fourth place in the partial .
The next day, fourth and penultimate of the Baitra J80 Winter League organized by the Monte Real Club de Yates will be held on May 15.
BAITRA J80 WINTER LEAGUE MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB Classification after the third day held on April 10
1. OKOFEN · JAVIER DE LA GANDARA · 8 POINTS 2. ALBOROTO · JUAN CARLOS AMENEIRO · 12 POINTS 3. MARÍAS · MANUEL MARÍAS · 17 POINTS 4. TIRED · FERNANDO YÁÑEZ · 22 POINTS 5. LA GALERA · MIGUEL FERNÁNDEZ · 24 POINTS 6. MAIJA · JOSE LUIS PÉREZ · 34 POINTS 7. IFACLINIC.COM JOAO NUNO ALLEN 37 POINTS 8. SPACO SANTIAGO ESTÉVEZ 37 POINTS 9. DUE · RAFAEL BLANCO · 43 POINTS 10. FERRALEMES · R. GARCIA · 44 POINTS 11. NEW MOON JUAN LUIS TUERO 45 POINTS 12. SDN CORMORÁN · FRANCISCO J. MARTÍNEZ · 46 POINTS 13. NAMASTE · LUIS DE MIRA · 47 POINTS 14. PETRILLA JAIME BARREIRO 63 POINTS 15. CEA MANOR IAGO CARBALLO 77 POINTS 16. LUXOCONF JEAN CLAUDE SARRADE 78 POINTS 17. MIUDO IGNACIO SALGUEIRO 81 POINTS 18. MONDO BERNARDO MACEDO 95 POINTS
· The sailboats of Javier de la Gándara from Vigo and Manel Marías from Portugal are at the top of the classification separated by just 3 points
· The competition organized by the Monte Real Yacht Club with the sponsorship of Baitra celebrates this Saturday the third of the five scheduled days
· If the forecasts are fulfilled, today the sixth round of the League will be reached, which will allow the participants to eliminate their worst result from the classification
The Baitra J80 Winter League crosses its halfway mark this Saturday with the celebration of the third of the five scheduled days in the competition organized by the Monte Real Club de Yates with the sponsorship of Baitra Accesorios Navales.
The Okofen of Javier de la Gándara from Vigo and the Marías of the Portuguese Manel Marías are the sailboats that are in the lead, in first and second position respectively, separated by just three points. This tight difference and the proximity of the crews that are in third and fourth place -Fernando Yáñez’s Cansino and Juan Carlos Ameneiro’s Alboroto-, will undoubtedly give excitement to tomorrow’s regatta day.
A stage in which, furthermore, if the forecasts are met and the three scheduled tests are held, the sixth round and the discard will be reached, which will allow the teams to eliminate their worst result from the classification, which may lead to important results. ranking jumps.
Everything is open, therefore, ahead of the third day of the Monte Real one-design league, which has a start time set at three in the afternoon at a regatta course located inside the Bay of Baiona , in which the weather forecast announces a lot of cloudiness, some rain and a wind from the southwest that will blow with about 8 – 10 knots of intensity.
The competition will be visible, as always, for anyone who wants it, from the promenade that surrounds the Parador Nacional and from the sandbanks closest to the Bay of Baiona.
BAITRA J80 WINTER LEAGUE MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB Classification after the second day held on March 20
1. OKOFEN · JAVIER DE LA GANDARA · 9 POINTS 2. MARÍAS MANUEL MARÍAS 12 POINTS 3. TIRED · FERNANDO YÁÑEZ · 17 POINTS 4. ALBOROTO · JUAN CARLOS AMENEIRO · 19 POINTS 5. SPACO SANTIAGO ESTÉVEZ 25 POINTS 6. NEW MOON JUAN LUIS TUERO 31 POINTS 7. SDN CORMORÁN · FRANCISCO J. MARTÍNEZ · 35 POINTS 8. FERRALEMES · JAIME GARCIA · 36 POINTS 9. MAIJA · JOSE LUIS PÉREZ · 36 POINTS 10. LA GALERA · MIGUEL FERNÁNDEZ · 37 POINTS 11. DUE · RAFAEL BLANCO · 38 POINTS 12. IFACLINIC.COM JOAO NUNO ALLEN 43 POINTS 13. PETRILLA JAIME BARREIRO 44 POINTS 14. NAMASTE · LUIS DE MIRA · 52 POINTS 15. CEA MANOR IAGO CARBALLO 62 POINTS 16. MIUDO IGNACIO SALGUEIRO 72 POINTS 17. MONDO BERNARDO MACEDO 72 POINTS
· The J80 of the Portuguese Manel Marías is at the head of the one-design classification followed by the Luna Nueva de Tuero and the Cansino de Yáñez
· The second day of the league will be held this Saturday in the bay of Baiona starting at three in the afternoon with three tests in the competition program
The J80 Marías of the Portuguese Manel Marías leads the second day of the Baitra Winter League, which will be held this Saturday in the bay of Baiona starting at three in the afternoon, with three tests on the competition programme.
The sailboat, manned by the Portuguese sailors Tiago Morais, Marta Ramada, Vasco Tinoco and Antonio Marías, managed to win the first round of the Monte Real Club de Yates one-design league, which was held at the end of February.
He did it after winning the only test that could be played due to the wind, which did not blow strongly enough. The same is not expected to happen this weekend, in which the forecasts announce winds above ten knots reaching peaks of twenty at times.
Luna Nueva by Juan Luis Tuero is in second place in the provisional classification, followed, from bronze, by Cansino by Fernando Yáñez. Javier de la Gándara’s Okofen and Santiago Estévez’s Spaco complete the Top 5 after opening the markers.
BAITRA J80 WINTER LEAGUE MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB Classification after the first day held on February 27
1. MARÍAS · MANUEL MARÍAS · 1 POINT 2. NEW MOON JUAN LUIS TUERO 2 POINTS 3. TIRED · FERNANDO YÁÑEZ · 3 POINTS 4. OKOFEN · JAVIER DE LA GANDARA · 4 POINTS 5. SPACO SANTIAGO ESTÉVEZ 5 POINTS 6. DUE · RAFAEL BLANCO · 6 POINTS 7. NAMASTE · LUIS DE MIRA · 7 POINTS 8. SDN CORMORÁN · FRANCISCO J. MARTÍNEZ · 8 POINTS 9. MAIJA · JOSE LUIS PÉREZ · 9 POINTS 10. PETRILLA JAIME BARREIRO 10 POINTS 11. LA GALERA · MIGUEL FERNÁNDEZ · 11 POINTS 12. ALBOROTO · JUAN CARLOS AMENEIRO · 12 POINTS 13. CEA MANOR IAGO CARBALLO 13 POINTS 14. FERRALEMES · JAIME GARCIA · 14 POINTS 15. MIUDO IGNACIO SALGUEIRO 18 POINTS
· The one-design competition organized by the Monte Real Yacht Club will be decided this Saturday in the last three scheduled regattas starting at 3:00 p.m.
Javier de la Gándara’s Okofen , Fernando Yáñez’s Cansino and Luis de Mira’s Namasté are the sailboats with the most options to get on the final podium
· Once the competition is over in the bay of Baiona, the Monte Real Club de Yates will host the awards ceremony for the winners and a seafood dinner
Tomorrow, Saturday, the last round of the J80 Winter League will be held, which the Monte Real Club de Yates has been organizing for the one-design fleet since January.
Starting at three in the afternoon, the Bay of Baiona will be the scene of a new dispute between the J80 fleet for a place on the winners’ podium. There will be three new tests that will close the scoreboard and define the final classification.
The Okofen of Javier de la Gándara, the Cansino of Fernando Yáñez and the Namasté of Luis de Mira are the sailboats with the most options to sneak into the final podium, since they currently occupy the three positions of honor.
Okofen , with 7 points and the usual good work of De la Gándara, has many possibilities to win the gold of the competition, since, in addition, the margin of 6 points that he managed to get from his most direct rivals gives him some peace of mind .
Cansino and Namasté , very regular and with good performances throughout the league, remain tied on 13 points in second and third place respectively, and are the ones with the best chance, together with Okofen , of closing the league by ensuring a trophy.
In the middle part of the classification everything is very open since there are many jacks grouped in a very narrow point band. Carlos Hernández’s Miudo is fourth with 18 points, followed by Bernardo Macedo’s Mondo , Juan Luis Tuero’s Luna Nueva and María Campos’ Pazo de Cea with 20, 21 and 22 points respectively.
With this panorama in the provisional classification tomorrow, Saturday, the last day will be held with a forecast of good wind to celebrate the three final tests. At the end in the water, the awards ceremony on land and a seafood dinner for the participants.