- PRESIDENT OF THE XUNTA TROPHY
- COUNT OF BARCELONA TROPHY
- ORC CRUISES J80 FIGAROS
- HELLO! LADIES CUP
- J80 MONOTYPES
The 33rd Prince of Asturias Trophy will be held in the waters of the bay of Baiona and the Vigo estuary on August 31, September 1 and 2, 2018, organized by the Monte Real Yacht Club and the Naval Regatta Commission of the Naval Military School of Marin.
The 33rd Prince of Asturias Trophy counts towards the Xunta de Galicia President Trophy .
- The regatta will be governed by:
- Regatta rules as defined in the WS Racing Rules of Sailing 2017 – 2020 (RRV)
- Technical Cruise Regulations 2018 and its annexes, in force
- IMS measurement regulation and habitability and equipment rules
- Regulation of the ORC rating system
- J80 Class Monotype Regulations and their special adaptations of the J80 Galicia Fleet
- MRCYB Regulations for Monotype Figaro and HELLO! Ladies Cup
- Rules for classic and vintage boats JCH, by AGABACE
- Special rules for offshore regattas of the WS, Category 4 (ORC) reduced, and the particular ones for J80 Galicia zone, Fígaros del MRCYB and Clásicos Agabace
In the rules that govern this regatta, the notification[NP] refers to the fact that an infraction of this rule will not be a reason for protests between boats. (Modifies R 60.1(a) of the RRV)
- In case of discrepancy between this Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions, the latter shall prevail.
- The official language of the regatta will be Spanish.
- Participants must meet the eligibility conditions reflected in Regulation 19 of the WS and in the RFEV Prescriptions to said Regulation
- Participants of nationality or with legal residence in Spain or who compete in boats attached to a Spanish club, must be in possession of the sports federation license for the year 2018. For foreign athletes who do not have a federative license or athlete medical insurance that insures them in the event of an accident, they must prove that they have accident and illness insurance valid in Spain.
3/ ADVERTISING [NP][DP]
- Participants may display advertising in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 20 of the WS
- In accordance with WS Regulation 20, participants may be required to display advertising on the forward 20% of the hull on each side of the boat and on the sides of the boom, as well as possible advertising flags on the backstay of each boat. . All this will be provided at the regatta office once your registration is confirmed. Modifications to the stickers provided by the Organizing Committee are not allowed. If it occurs, the Regatta Committee may decree the penalties it deems appropriate.
- The Monte Real Club de Yates reserves the right to demand the elimination or substitution of any type of advertising, message or image displayed during the celebration of the event of the boats or the equipment of their crew members, which does not comply with the moral and ethical standards of general acceptance (Regulation 20 of the WS) or contravene the interests of the organizing club. This includes the celebration of the tests in the regatta field, in the club’s facilities or while it is available to the Regatta Committee.
* The owner or skipper of the boat with advertising will be asked to indicate or show the type of advertising that will be displayed during the regatta, for the approval of the Organized Committee.
- Participation in this Regatta is limited in ORC to cruisers with a single hull, with a length greater than 7.00 meters, with an ORC or ORC club certificate valid for 2018 and with a GPH of less than 770 s/mile, and must have a declaration complete set of sails, including its spinnaker or gennaker . Whoever does not have it declared may participate, but will be penalized with 25% of the real time he does in the regatta; as well as the ORC called Open by the organization; classic and vintage with updated JCH certificate; Monotypes J80 and Monotypes Fígaro of the MRCYB with the female crews invited by the organization for the trophy HELLO! Ladies Cup.
- The skippers of the boats must be of legal age. The age of majority must be accredited by means of a photocopy of the DNI. In case of taking a minor as a crew member, they must have the corresponding written authorization from the parents or guardians. The responsibility of the minor during the regatta falls to the skipper of the boat where is embarked.
- The following groups and classes are established
|ORC||ORC CLASS 0-1||< 605 sec/mile|
|ORC CLASS 2||Between 605 and< 640s/mile|
|ORC CLASS 3||Between 640 and< 670 sec/mile|
|ORC CLASS 4||Between 670 and< 770 sec/mile|
|ORC-OPEN||> 770 s/mile and others at the discretion of the Organizing Committee|
CLASSICS – Time Compensated by JCH Certificate
J80 – Monotype Real Time
HELLO! Ladies Cup- Monotype Real Time
The Regatta Committee reserves the right to admit the entries, as well as to group the boats in the corresponding class or group. To form a class or group, at least five boats must register in it.
- The inscriptions will necessarily be formalized with the attached form and must be sent together with a photocopy of the valid measurement certificate 2018 and proof of payment of the registration fees to:
Mount Royal Yacht Club
Parador Enclosure s/n
phone + 34 986 385 000
The registration fees will be as follows:
|CLASS / GROUP||Registration until August 28|
|ORC 0 and 1||€200|
|ORC 2 and 3||€150|
|ORC 4 and OPEN
>>>>Vessels that register after August 28, 2018, will have a 25% surcharge on the price indicated for their class .
Vessels that have participated in all the MRCYB regattas of the year ( Winter Comunica Trophy, Spring Repsol Trophy and 43rd Conde de Gondomar – Banco Sabadell Trophy ) will have free registration for the 33rd Prince of Asturias Trophy.
- Payment of registration fees will be made in cash or by bank transfer to the name of Monte Real Club de Yates to the account:
Account number: 2080-0559-23-3040003658
SWIFT: CAGLEMXXX IBAN: ES92
It will be necessary to present, together with the registration form, the receipt of the transaction including the name of the boat or sail number at the club offices or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration and registration confirmation
- The owner or person in charge of each boat must register and personally sign the registration form at the Regatta Office before 8:00 p.m. on August 30, 2018 (ORC, J80 and ¡HOLA! Ladies Cup) or on August 31, 2018. August 2018 before 8:00 p.m. (ORC 4, Open and Classics). Entries of boats that have made requests to the RFEV for the issuance or modification of their rating certificate after 6:00 p.m. will not be accepted. the day before the start of the first test (except for a justified cause and approved by the Regatta Committee).
- The registration is conditioned to the presentation before the appointed time of the following documents:
- Valid ORC, JCH or J80 measurement certificate
- ORC habitability certificate (if applicable)
- Current insurance policy, which covers civil liability (damage to third parties and property), or extension of coverage of civil liability and damage to third parties up to a minimum amount of 330,556.66 euros
- In case of displaying advertising, federal authorization
- Federation sports license, original or photocopy ( MANDATORY to present along with the registration form )
6/ SPORTS PROGRAM
- The sports program of the event is as follows:
August 30 and 31
10:00 – 20:00
10:00 – 14:00
|Regatta Office opening
Registration of participants
Delivery of documentation
Checks, measurements and weighing of crews
|DATE||HOUR||TESTS IN THE WATER|
|August 31||15:00||ORC tests 0-1-2-3 (Coastal. Option of routes to the wind if the weather forecasts for the following days so advise)|
|15:30||J80 tests and HELLO! Ladies Cup (Routes to the wind R/V)|
|September 1st||12:00||ORC tests 0-1-2-3, J80 and HELLO! Ladies Cup (R/V)|
|12:30||ORC4, Open and Classic tests (Coastal)|
|17:30||Departure time limit|
|12:00||ORC tests 0-1-2-3, J80 and HELLO! Ladies Cup (R/V)|
|12:30||ORC4, Open and Classic tests (Coastal)|
|15:30||Departure time limit|
7/ NUMBER OF EVENTS AND ROUTE
- The trophy consists of a maximum of:
– 6 tests for ORC 0-1-2-3 and HELLO! Ladies Cup
– 9 tests for J80
– 2 tests for ORC 4, Open and Classics.
The trophy will be valid when at least one test is completed in the corresponding group.
- The Sailing Instructions will detail the courses to be sailed.
- There will be a classification for each of the groups formed
- Rankings for ORC groups or classes will be established in accordance with RTC rule 204 and specified in the Sailing Instructions.
- Classic boats will run applying the JCH system
- J80 and HELLO! Ladies Cup will qualify in real time
Appendix A and the downward scoring system described in the RRS will apply.
10/ INSPECTION AND MEASUREMENT. [DP]
- Safety and measurement controls will be carried out daily by the Technical Committee.
- The responsibility of attending this regatta having previously updated its Measurement Certificate, measuring the material with which it is intended to participate, is exclusively the registered skipper.
- In no class may the number of crew members on board be changed during the regatta
11/ SAFETY [NP] [DP]
- The safety of this regatta will be considered as category 4 (reduced) in accordance with the Special Rules for High Seas Regatta of the WS
- All boats will need to be equipped with a VHF radio with channels 16, 69, 71 and 72
- It will be the responsibility of the owner or skipper of each boat to comply with the legal regulations established for recreational boats, both in general and in particular for their government, dispatch and security.
The complete list of prizes will be displayed on the Official Notice Board during the regatta. At a minimum, prizes will be awarded to the top finishers in each of the ORC groups, J80 class, Classics, HELLO! Ladies Cup to the winning female crew in Figaro class and Conde de Barcelona Trophy to the best ranked Portuguese crew in ORC according to the trophy regulations. The number of prizes for each class will depend on the number of registered in each of them. The complete list of prizes will be posted on the Official Notice Board during the regatta.
13/ IMAGE RIGHTS
The image rights of the event belong exclusively to the Monte Real Club de Yates. During all the days of regatta and in the social events there will be photographic and television coverage.
14/ LOCAL MARINE REGULATIONS
Royal Decree 62/2008 establishes the conditions of maritime safety, navigation and human life at sea applicable to nautical sports events.
Participants are warned, before the start of the tests, that the boats can only participate if they are legally dispatched to navigate the waters through which the test will take place, and if their skippers have sufficient qualifications for their government.
Participants must declare, adequately in advance of the start of the race, the insurance taken out, if applicable, including the risks covered and the limits of liability in accordance with the Notice of Race, being covered for participation in races nautical-sports.
All those who participate in this regatta do so at their own risk and responsibility. Attention is drawn to Fundamental Rule 4, DECISION TO RACE, of Part 1 of the RRS which states:
“It is the exclusive responsibility of a boat to decide whether to participate in a test or continue racing”
The boats whose registration is accepted in this regatta will have a reserved and free mooring or anchoring place (mooring under the exclusive responsibility of the owner or skipper) during the celebration of the event, from August 26 to September 7.
The Monte Real Club de Yates reserves the right to assign berths to the boats in strict order of registration, depending on their size and draft.
SOCIAL EVENTS AND AWARDS DELIVERY
The awards ceremony for the 33rd PRÍNCIPE DE ASTURIAS TROPHY will take place at the club’s facilities on September 2, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Any other social event scheduled during the days of the tests will be published on the Official Notice Board (TOA).
Terras Gauda Wine
|September 1st||09:00||Opening of the Village Breakfast|
Terras Gauda Wine
|20:00||award ceremony of the
TERRAS GAUDA National Sailing Awards
|Great fellowship dinner
Fireworks. DJ party
|09:00||Village opening · Breakfasts|