· Sailors from the Real Club Náutico de Vigo and the Club Marítimo de Canido lead the children’s sailing competition after the first day of tests held this afternoon in the Bay of Baiona
· In the 420 competition, the teams led by Jorge Enríquez and Guillermo Núñez (Under 16) and Carlota Hernández and Ana Carrasco (Under 19), both from the Vigo yacht club, are in the lead.
· In the Optimist class, the provisional podiums of the different categories are held by Adriana Pérez Canal and Liang Jane García, from the Canido Maritime Club; and Tiago Vecino, from the Real Club Náutico Vigo
The yacht clubs of Vigo and Canido are fighting to win the podium of the Baitra Trophy, which is being held this weekend in Baiona under the organization of the Monte Real Club de Yates and sponsored by Baitra Accesorios Navales.
The children’s sailing competition held its opening day this afternoon in the bay of Baiona under a beautiful spring sun, but with a wind that made it quite difficult for the young sailors to navigate. The forecasts indicated that it would blow with some intensity, but after the celebration of the first two regattas it began to fall and prevented the completion of the other two tasks that the committee had planned for this Saturday.
In spite of everything, the two tests held today made it possible to define a provisional podium in which the clubs from Vigo have, for the time being, the leading role. In the 420 competition, the team formed by Jorge Enríquez and Guillermo Núñez, from the Real Club Náutico de Vigo, stands out above the entire fleet. With 15 years of age and less than a year of experience sailing in this type of boat, Jorge and Guillermo achieved two first places this afternoon and lead the classification of Sub 16 and the general classification of the class. In Sub 19, another team from the Vigo nautical team is in the lead, formed by Carlota Hernández and Ana Carrasco.
In the Optimist competition, the provisional podiums of the different categories are held by Adriana Pérez Canal and Liang Jane García, aged 12 and 11, from the Club Marítimo de Canido; and little Tiago Vecino, 10 years old, from the Real Club Náutico de Vigo.
After the initial tests this afternoon, the competition enters its final stretch tomorrow with the last rounds of the trophy, which will be held at half past eleven in the morning at a regatta field that will once again be located inside the Bay of Bayonne. The committee’s forecast is to start four heats for the 420 teams and three for the Optimists.
In the afternoon, once the activity in the water is over, the awards ceremony will be held for the winners, who will receive their awards and financial prizes from various managers of Monte Real, as the host club, and Baitra, as the sponsoring company. of the event. The appointment with the winners’ podium is at half past four in the gardens of the Baionese club.
CLASSIFICATION 1ST DAY BAITRA SAILING TROPHY FOR CHILDREN
- JORGE ENRÍQUEZ AND GUILLERMO NÚÑEZ · RCN VIGO
- ALEJANDRO PÉREZ AND ENRIQUE LAGOS RCN VIGO
- ROSALÍA MARTÍNEZ AND SANDRA TRIGO · MRCYB
- CARLOTA HERNÁNDEZ AND ANA CARRASCO RCN VIGO
- ELENA MOLARES AND ENMA ARANA · MRCYB
- YAGO GONZÁLEZ AND JORGE GONZÁLEZ · MRCYB
- ADRIANA PÉREZ CANAL · CM CANIDO
- PAULA DA ROCHA IGLESIAS CM CANIDO
- DIOGO LIMA WE DO SAILING
- LIANG JANE GARCIA · CM CANIDO
- RITA PINTO WE DO SAILING
- HELENA PÉREZ CANAL · CM CANIDO
- TIAGO NEIGHBOR RCN VIGO
- PABLO MARQUINA MRCYB
- INES AMENEIRO RCN VIGO