The Club Náutico Punta Lagoa boat skippered by Luis Manuel García was crowned this Saturday as the absolute winner of the competition
· In the J80 one-design class, victory went to Juan Luis Tuero’s Luna Nueva, who competed wearing the organizing club’s pendant
· The next appointment with the Monte Real regattas will be on May 1st with the thirty-eighth edition of the Repsol Trophy
Baiona, April 25, 2015.- On board the Unus, and wearing the Punta Lagoa Nautical Club pendant, the crew skippered by Luis Manuel García was crowned this Saturday as the absolute winner of the Rías Baixas Tourism Trophy.
The Unus achieved victory in a very complicated day at sea, with poor visibility, heavy rain and wind that reached peaks of 28 knots at times. These adverse weather conditions forced part of the fleet to withdraw from the competition and only allowed the holding of one of the three tests initially planned in the bay of Baiona.
In the category of the fastest boats, the ORC 1-2, the victory went to Bosch Service Solutions, from the Club Náutico de Canido, with Ramón Ojea at the helm. In second and third position, the Fifty from the Monte Real Yacht Club, skippered by Rui Ramada, and the Altamar Diez from the Punta Lagoa Yacht Club, with Juan González leading the crew.
Unus, absolute winner of the Rías Baixas Tourism Trophy, was also the winner in the ORC class 3-4. The silver in this category went to Margem do Azul III, by Frederico Lopes, and the bronze by La Burla Negra, by Juan José Martínez, both from the Monte Real Club de Yates.
The organizing club also placed its flag on the podium of honor in the J80 class, achieving first and third place thanks to Luna Nueva, by Juan Luis Tuero, and Ferraleme, by Enrique Porto. The second position went to the Náutico Cormorán of the Club Náutico Isla de la Toja, skippered by Ignacio Bolívar.
The next appointment with the Monte Real regattas will be the Repsol Trophy, which this year celebrates its thirty-eighth edition. The competition will be presented at a press conference next Tuesday, the 28th, at 1:30 p.m., and will be held during the bridge on May 1.
UNUS Punta Lagoa Yacht Club
ORC CLASS 1 – 2
- BOSCH SERVICE SOLUTIONS Maritime Club of Canido
- FIFTY Monte Real Yacht Club
- ALTAMAR TEN Punta Lagoa Yacht Club
ORC CLASS 3 – 4
- UNUS Punta Lagoa Yacht Club
- MARGEM DO AZUL III Monte Real Yacht Club
- THE BLACK MOCK Real Club Náutico de Vigo
- NEW MOON Monte Real Yacht Club
- CORMORAN NAUTICAL Club Nautico Isla de la Toja
- FERRALEMES Monte Real Yacht Club
>> CHECK THE GENERAL CLASSIFICATION