· The suspension of all regional sports competitions forces the start of the Baitra J80 Winter League scheduled for this Saturday to be delayed
The club’s Sailing School will remain active, introducing changes to adapt to the new regulations that require, among other things, to reduce the number of crew members per boat
The Monte Real Club de Yates hopes that the application of the new restrictions will help improve the health situation in Galicia and allow the recovery, as soon as possible, of the club’s usual sports activity
The new restrictions approved by the Xunta de Galicia make it necessary to delay the start of the Baitra J80 Winter League, scheduled for this Saturday the 23rd in Baiona.
The competition, organized by the Monte Real Club de Yates with the sponsorship of Baitra Accesorios Navales, is postponed sine die (but with the intention of recovering all the days of regatta) pending future opinions from the clinical committee of the regional government.
In its last meeting, the group of experts in charge of deciding the measures to be applied to prevent the advance of the coronavirus in Galicia, recommended suspending all regional sports competitions, which include the Monte Real monotype regattas.
In the case of training sessions, the guidelines require that they be carried out respecting the closures of the different municipalities and those related to the “curfew”, set at 10:00 p.m. In addition, locker rooms and classrooms may not be used.
Thus, the Monte Real Club de Yates Sailing School may only be attended by students residing in Baiona, since the municipality is affected by a perimeter closure. The courses and trainings will continue, but with modifications, to adapt to the regulations.
Individual boats such as the Optimist are not affected by the new restrictions, but collective boats such as the Figaros and Cyclones used by the club are, in which only 4 people and 1 coach can sail, so there will be restructuring in the crews.
In this new phase, the obligation to wear a mask at all times and also to maintain a safe distance continues to be maintained. As a novelty, from now on, changing rooms and classrooms are closed.
Due to the complexity in the restructuring of the courses and training sessions and the bad weather conditions forecast for these days, Monte Real has decided to suspend the activity of the Sailing School this weekend to resume it, with everything already reorganized, on the 30th and January 31.
In this sense, the Sailing School recommends that students contact the club as soon as possible, writing an email to email@example.com , to facilitate the reorganization process.
In the case of athletes who are training to qualify for national championships and carry out their training outside their municipalities of residence, they must wait for the Xunta de Galicia to authorize their transfers through the Royal Galician Sailing Federation.
From the club it is expected that the application of these new restrictions will help improve the complicated situation in which Galicia finds itself today and allow the recovery, as soon as possible, of the club’s usual sports activity.
· Baitra J80 Winter League – Its start is postponed until the Xunta de Galicia approves the holding of regional sports competitions.
MRCYB Sailing School – Continues with its usual activity but applying certain restructurings to comply with the new regulations
· Sailing School training and courses – Students residing in Baiona may attend them. They must always wear masks, comply with the safety distance and will not be able to use changing rooms or classrooms.
· Optimist students – They will be able to continue browsing without problems
· Students of Figaros and Cyclones – Only 4 students and 1 coach can sail on these boats, so there will be restructuring of the crews
· Athletes training for national championships – If they train outside their municipalities of residence, they must wait to obtain mobility authorization.
· January 30 and 31 – Weekend in which the activity of the Sailing School is resumed to facilitate its reorganization
· IMPORTANT: All students of the Monte Real Yacht Club Sailing School should contact the club as soon as possible to reorganize the courses and activities. They can do so by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org