· The current president of Monte Real has been re-elected to continue four more years at the helm of the historic club from Baiona
· Álvarez will be the visible head of a Board made up of nine members (7 men and 2 women) with two new additions
· The entrepreneur and businessman Francisco Pino and the renowned sailor from Vigo Marga Cameselle join the Monte Real management team
· The open electoral process in the club will conclude tomorrow, Friday, with the celebration of a members’ assembly starting at 5 in the afternoon
José Luis Álvarez from Vigo will continue to lead the Monte Real Club de Yates de Baiona for four more years after being re-elected president of the historic Baiona club.
Álvarez’s, who has held the presidency of Monte Real since November 2015, was the only candidacy presented in the last open electoral process at the club, which will culminate tomorrow, Friday, November 29, with the holding of a members’ assembly at 5 a.m. the afternoon . It will be a meeting in which the management team, already officially proclaimed, will present its project for the future and will submit to the turn of prayers and questions that the partners may ask.
The new board that will lead Monte Real for the next four years is based on continuity, although it incorporates some changes in certain positions and a couple of new faces. José Luis Álvarez ‘s right-hand man will continue to be Alejandro Retolaza , who remains in the position of vice president.
The post of commodore, which had been held by Fernando Yáñez, passed into the hands of Ignacio Sánchez Otaegui ; and in the position of vice-commodore appears the first of the new additions to the new board, the entrepreneur and businessman Francisco Pino , who replaces Genoveva Pereiro. César Fernández-Casqueiro remains in charge of the secretariat and the treasury is now the responsibility of former Commodore Fernando Yáñez .
In the board of directors of Monte Real there are, in addition, three members: Miguel Font , of installations and projects; Genoveva Pereiro , from foreign relations; and Margarita Cameselle , from sporting events. The renowned sailor from Vigo is the second new addition, along with Francisco Pino, to the Monte Real management team.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB
• His Majesty King Felipe VI · PRESIDENT OF HONOR
• Mr. José Luis Álvarez Vázquez CHAIRMAN
• Mr. Alejandro Retolaza Vázquez-Viso VICE CHAIRMAN
• Mr. Ignacio Sánchez Otaegui COMMODOR
• Mr. Francisco Pino Martins · VICE COMMODOR
• Mr. César Fernández-Casqueiro Domínguez · SECRETARY
• Mr. Fernando Yáñez Fernández · TREASURER
• Mr. Miguel Font Rosell · MEMBER OF FACILITIES AND PROJECTS
• Mrs. Margarita Cameselle Álvarez VOCAL FOR SPORTS EVENTS
• Mrs. Mª Genoveva Pereiro Álvarez MEMBER OF FOREIGN RELATIONS