· The boats of the Yacht Clube do Porto, the Real Club Náutico de Vigo and the Monte Real Club de Yates managed to win in their respective categories
· The layout of the competition, between Vigo and Baiona, had to be shortened by the wind, very unstable throughout the route
· The victory of the Rías Baixas Tourism Trophy will be decided next weekend in the bay of Baiona with the second and last day of tests
Baiona, April 18, 2015.- The Rías Baixas Tourism Trophy got off to a strong start, the first of the great regattas scheduled by the Monte Real Yacht Club for 2015. Although the wind did not accompany the sailors, blowing very weak and unstable throughout the day, the crews went out on the water ready to give everything. The competition was very close until the end and in some classes the victory was decided by a margin of just a few seconds.
In the ORC 1-2 category, first place went to Fend la Bise , from the Yacht Clube do Porto, skippered by Jean Claude Sarrade. In second and third position were Bosch Service Solutions , from the Club Náutico de Canido, with Fernándo Yáñez at the helm; and the Altamar Diez , of the Punta Lagoa Yacht Club, led by Juan González Crespán.
Juan José Martínez Silva led the crew of La Burla Negra , from Real Club Náutico de Vigo, to victory in the ORC class 3-4. Unus from Punta Lagoa, skippered by Luis García Trigo, took second place and Maracaná I , from the Real Club Náutico de Vigo, skippered by Luis Suárez, completed the provisional podium.
In the J80 category, the Virazón of Miguel Lago and the Luna Nueva by Juan Luis Tuero, both from the Monte Real Club de Yates, won gold and silver, leaving in third position the Náutico Cormorán , of the Real Club Náutico Isla de la Toja, skippered by Ignacio Bolibar.
On this first day of competition, the participating boats spent about two hours completing a coastal route that, starting from Vigo, had a planned finish line in Baiona, although finally the route had to be shortened in Carallones due to lack of wind.
The Rías Baixas Tourism Trophy will continue next Saturday the 25th with the second and last day of competition. Starting at noon, the crews will test their strength in various routes between buoys located in the bay of Baiona. In the afternoon, at the end of the tests, the facilities of the Monte Real Club de Yates will host the awards ceremony for the winners.
RÍAS BAIXAS TOURISM TROPHY
ORC CLASS 1 – 2
- FEND LA BISE (YC PORTO)
- BOSCH SERVICE SOLUTIONS (CN CANIDO)
- HIGHMAR TEN (CN PUNTA LAGOA)
ORC CLASS 3 – 4
- THE BLACK MOCK (RCN VIGO)
- UNUS (CN PUNTA LAGOA)
- MARACANA I (RCN VIGO)
- VIRAZÓN (MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB)
- NEW MOON (MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB)
- CORMORAN NAUTICAL (RCN ISLAND OF LA TOJA)
>> CHECK THE CLASSIFICATIONS OF THE FIRST DAY
>> VISIT THE IMAGES GALLERY OF THE TROPHY