· The sailor from Vigo, accompanied by his sons Javier and Jaime and his usual winning partner, Diego Fernández, achieved a new triumph in Baiona
· De la Gándara revalidated the success achieved at the beginning of the year in the Winter League and sentenced the autumn championship by taking 27 points from their rivals
· El Cansino by Fernando Yáñez and El Alboroto by Juan Carlos Ameneiro won silver and bronze in the Monte Real monotype league
· Next weekend the bay of Baiona will host a new edition of the Spanish Sailing League – State Lotteries and Bets Trophy
There were no surprises this Saturday in Baiona and the crew led by the sailor from Vigo Javier de la Gándara finally won the J80 class Autumn League, which this afternoon held its last tests in the Bay of Baiona.
On board the Okofen , Javier de la Gándara, his sons Jaime and Javier, and Diego Fernández, the team’s usual teammate in victories; They sentenced a new edition of the one-design championship of the Monte Real Club de Yates, and they did it again forcefully.
Of the 9 tests held in various days during the months of October and November, Okofen signed 7 first places and finished with 9 points in the final general classification. The crew only missed 2 victories in which, in any case, they did not drop from second position.
De la Gándara and his team thus revalidated the victory they had achieved at the beginning of the year in the J80 Winter League and hung their laurels by taking up to 29 points from second-placed Fernando Yáñez’s Cansino . Despite the fact that he suffered a lot in today’s quarters (with an eighth, a tenth and a sixth place), Cansino managed to finish with 36 points and took the silver in the league.
The surprise of the classification came with the bronze, which finally went to the hands of Uproar from Juan Carlos Ameneiro, who with a third, a sixth and a second on the last day, managed to jump from fifth to third place overall and close the championship podium with 40 points.
Manuel María Cunha’s Marías was once again, as it had been on the penultimate day, one of the outstanding boats of the day. He finished second in the first race, managed to beat Okofen in the second race and finished third in the last regatta of the day. Despite these good results, his absences in the first days of the league (he did not compete in the first four days) weighed too much and Marías finished the competition in ninth position.
In this last stage of the one-design league, three tests were completed with a somewhat shifty wind, which forced several route changes; and with the night throwing itself on top of the clock, which prevented the celebration of any test greater than the three initially planned.
In addition to Okofen and Marías, Juan Carlos Ameneiro’s Alboroto managed to get on the partial podiums this Saturday, with a third and a second; and the Namasté by Luis de Mira, who achieved third place in one of the tests; although only the Fuss managed to sneak into the final podium.
Gold, silver and bronze for the Okofen, the Tired and the Fuss; fourth and fifth position for the New Moon by Juan Luis Tuero and the Maija by José Luis Pérez; and sixth place for Spaco de Santiago Estévez, another of the outstanding boats in the autumn league, which finally could not enter the Top 5.
With the end of the J80 Autumn League, the Monte Real Club de Yates puts an end to its 2020 sports calendar although it has not yet said goodbye to the competitions, since next weekend the waters of Baiona will host a new edition of the Spanish Sailing League – State Lotteries and Bets Trophy .
Organized by the Royal Spanish Sailing Federation, the state league returns to the Baionese club -where it had already been in 2019- to celebrate its last tests, some regattas that will reveal the name of the team that will represent Spain in the Sailing Champions League, the league European.
J80 CLASS FALL LEAGUE
FINAL OVERALL CLASSIFICATION
1. OKOFEN · JAVIER DE LA GANDARA · MRCYB · 9 POINTS
2. TIRED · FERNANDO YÁÑEZ · MRCYB · 36 POINTS
3. ALBOROTO · JUAN CARLOS AMENEIRO · MRCYB · 40 POINTS
4. NEW MOON JUAN LUIS TUERO MRCYB 45 POINTS
5. MAIJA JOSÉ LUIS PÉREZ MRCYB 50 POINTS
6. SPACO SANTIAGO ESTÉVEZ MRCYB 51 POINTS
7. CEA PAZO MARÍA CAMPOS MRCYB 58 POINTS
8. SND CORMORÁN FRANCISCO J. MARTÍNEZ MRCYB 62 POINTS
9. MARÍAS MANUEL MARÍA CUNHA MRCYB-YCP 64 POINTS
10. LUXOCONF JEAN CLAUDE SARRADE MRCYB 75 POINTS
11. NAMASTE · LUIS DE MIRA · MRCYB · 79 POINTS
12. FERRALEMES · JAIME GARCÍA · MRCYB · 98 POINTS
13. MONDO BERNARDO MACEDO MRCYB 103 POINTS
14. MIUDO IGNACIO SALGUEIRO MRYCB 105 POINTS
15. OH CARMELA! · JUAN MARTÍNEZ PAZÓ · LM BOUZAS · 114 POINTS
16. PETRILLA JAIME BARREIRO MRCYB 117 POINTS
17. DUE · RAFAEL BLANCO · MRCYB · 125 POINTS