· The Aceites Abril of the Real Club Náutico de Vigo prevailed among the big boats by achieving victory in the joint category of the ORC
· The sailboat from Ourenses Pérez Canal was also the best in ORC 1 and in ORC 2 the victory went to Unus del Monte Real Club de Yates
Javier de la Gándara’s Okofen won the J80 Monotype LusoGalaica Cup and Bouvento won the Figaros competition
· The next appointments with the Monte Real regattas are the Baitra Dinghy Sailing Trophy and the Galician Solo and Two-handed Championship
The forty-second edition of the traditional Spring Regatta of the Monte Real Club de Yates ended with great success in participation and the greatest rivalry on the water, which once again became the Repsol Trophy thanks to the sponsorship of the energy company.
After three days of competition, with two coastal regattas and three windward-leeward routes disputed, the high quality of the participating fleet left a fairly tight final classification in some classes, although there were certain crews who knew how to solve better and managed to stand out from the rest.
One of them was clearly that of Aceites Abril , with the brothers Luis and Jorge Pérez Canal at the helm. After seeing the title in danger on the second day, in which Bosch overtook them, this Sunday they managed to sentence the competition masterfully solving the last race in dispute and pocketing all the titles they could aspire to.
Ourenses finished the Repsol Trophy as the best in their class, ORC 1, and also the best in the joint classification of ORC 1 and 2. The crew received the grand prize of the championship from Repsol’s Deputy Director of Marine and Fisheries, Carlos Sánchez, who was accompanied on stage by the president of the Monte Real Yacht Club, José Luis Álvarez.
In the ORC 1 class, Aceites Abril , with 8 points, won over Bosch Service Solutions , from Canido; and the Santorum & Martínez Group , from Riveira, who were second and third respectively, with 10 and 15 points.
Less close was the first position of the ORC 2, in which the gold went to the hands of Luis García Trigo’s Unus who, wearing a pendant from the Monte Real Club de Yates, signed four first places in the four contested races. He was, without a doubt, the best in the competition, finishing with 4 points. The silver and the bronze, with 12 and 15 points, went to Victor Álvarez’s Nahela (Club Deportivo Alagua) and Fernando Rey’s Albarellos (CN Portonovo).
The other clear victory of the trophy was in the J80 class, in which this year there was a new title at stake, the J80 Luso-Galaica Monotype Cup. The a priori favorite did not disappoint and Javier de la Gándara took Okofen to the top of the table with 5 points. The Repsol Marine and Fisheries Manager, Inés González Megido, was in charge of presenting the crew with the prize for the best 8-meter monodesign. Luis de Mira’s Namasté and Fernando Yáñez’s Cansino , with 18 and 22 points, were second and third.
Finally, in the Figaro class, the winner of the 42nd Monte Real Spring Regatta was Luis Alcázar’s Bouvento , who finished the races with 5 points, after winning 3 of the 4 races held. The Ladeira of the Baionesa Genoveva Pereiro and the Serralleiras of the Madrilenian Elena Raga completed the winners’ podium.
After the celebration of the Repsol Trophy, the Monte Real Club de Yates is now preparing for its next competitions, which will be held in the coming weeks. On the weekend of May 25 and 26, the appointment is for basic sailing in Galicia, with the Baitra Light Sailing Trophy , in which young sailors from different community clubs will compete. And a weekend later, the first of June, the Monte Real will host the fifth edition of the Rafael Olmedo Memorial , which will once again be the Galician Solitaire and Two-Handed Championship .
REPSOL TROPHY 42nd MRCYB SPRING REGATTA
WINNER OF THE REPSOL TROPHY 42nd MRCYB SPRING REGATTA
APRIL OILS LUIS AND JORGE PÉREZ CANAL RCN VIGO
WINNER OF THE LUSO GALAICA CUP OF J80 MONOTYPES
OKOFEN JAVIER DE LA GANDARA MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB
REPSOL TROPHY ORC CLASS 1
1. APRIL OILS · LUIS AND JORGE PÉREZ CANAL · RCN VIGO · 8 POINTS
2. BOSCH SERVICE SOLUTIONS RAMÓN OJEA CM CANIDO 10 POINTS
3. SANTORUM & MARTINEZ GROUP JAVIER DURÁN CND RIVEIRA 15 POINTS
REPSOL TROPHY ORC 2 CLASS
1. UNUS LUIS GARCÍA TRIGO MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB 4 POINTS
2. NAHELA VICTOR ÁLVAREZ ALAGUA SPORTS CLUB 12 POINTS
3. ALBARELLOS · FERNANDO REY · PORTONOVO CN · 15 POINTS
REPSOL TROPHY J80 CLASS
1. OKOFEN · JAVIER DE LA GÁNDARA · MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB · 5 POINTS
2. NAMASTE · LUIS DE MIRA · MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB · 18 POINTS
3. CANSINO · FERNANDO YÁÑEZ · MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB · 22 POINTS
REPSOL TROPHY FIGARO CLASS
1. BOUVENTO LUIS ALCÁZAR MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB 5 POINTS
2. LADEIRA GENOVEVA PEREIRO MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB 9 POINTS
3. SERRALLEIRAS ELENA RAGA MONTE REAL YACHT CLUB 16 POINTS