· The Magical of the Real Club Náutico de Vigo, the Sagar V of the Ro Yacht Club of Combarro and the Secolite, the Yess, the Alboroto and the Bouvento of the Monte Real Club de Yates de Baiona were the winners of the different classes in contention
The special sponsorship prize of 7,000 euros for the best J80 went to Javier Aguado’s Alboroto and Ángela Rodríguez’s Silleiro won the trophy for the best female crew
The weather was the protagonist of the 44th Spring Regatta, affecting the first two days with little wind and fog, and leaving the third and last stage blank, in which the planned test could not be held
· After the Repsol Trophy, the MRCYB is already focusing on its great event of the year: the ABANCA 52 SUPER SERIES – Baiona Sailing Week, the most prestigious monohull circuit in the world that will stop in Galicia at the end of the month
Baiona, Vigo and Combarro shared out the prizes of the last edition of the Repsol Trophy held these days in the Rías Baixas, a competition in which the weather played a major role and marked the three days of regattas.
After a first day in which the scarce wind only allowed the holding of one of the three scheduled tests in the bay of Baiona and a second stage in which the fog forced the coastal route between Baiona and Combarro to be shortened and made it difficult for the the fleet; This Sunday, on the third and last day of competition, the lack of wind left the markers blank. The last test of the program, a coastal route between Combarro and Baiona, was canceled and the final classification was defined with two tests for the J80 class and a single test for the rest of the classes.
In ORC 1-2-3 , the winner was Julio Rodríguez’s Magical. Their victory just a few weeks ago in the Comunica Trophy and this new victory in the Repsol Trophy make it clear that the crew of the Real Club Náutico de Vigo will be one of the teams to take into account in the Galician regatta season. The Sailway by Rodrigo Ojea (CM Canido); and Aceites Abril, from Jorge Pérez Canal (RCN Vigo), were second and third respectively.
On ORC 4 , the Sagar V of Rolando Andrade, of the Ro Yacht Club of Combarro, took the laurels of a class in which the Deep Blue 2.1 of Vicente Cid (RCN Vigo) and the Maracaná of Carlos García (RCM Aguete), they made with silver and bronze.
In ORC 5 , two boats from Monte Real finished in first and second position: Javier Rey’s Secolite and Óscar José Comesaña’s Bouvento. Antonio Francisco Gómez’s Marcolfo, from the Vigo yacht club, took third place on the podium.
In ORC A2 , the good heads-up between the Portuguese Rui Ramada and the Galician Óscar Peixoto aboard the MRCYB’s Yess, allowed them to win and beat Luis Vidal and Eva Fernández’s Vagalume, who came second.
In J80 , Javier Aguado’s Alboroto was crowned the deserved winner of the class, after signing two first places in the two races held. He left the silver and bronze to Javier de la Gándara’s Okofen and Alejandra Suárez’s Cansino.
In the Figaro category, Óscar José Comesaña’s Bouvento, Ángela Rodríguez’s Silleiro and Marta Quintáns’s Erizana finished first, second and third.
Special prizes for the best female crew and the best J80
In addition to the trophies in the different categories, two special prizes were up for grabs at this year’s Repsol Trophy. One, for the best female crew in the competition, went to the crew of Ángela Rodríguez’s Silleiro.
The other special prize, for the best J80, which was won by Javier Aguado’s Alboroto, consisted of a sponsorship of 7,000 euros so that the crew can attend the European Championship of the class that is being held this summer in France. With this initiative, the Monte Real Club de Yates intends to continue encouraging the J80 fleet ahead of the Spanish and world championships that the club will organize this year and next
Point and end to the Repsol Trophy and focus now on the SUPER SERIES
Thus, the Monte Real Club de Yates Spring Regatta said goodbye to its forty-fourth edition, reaffirming itself as one of the most interesting competitions on the Galician nautical scene, both for the number of participants and for the changes that are introduced year after year, which allows to give freshness to one of the most traditional regattas in Spain.
After culminating the nautical event with the awards ceremony for the winners, in which the manager and the head of Marine and Fishing of Repsol, Carlos Sánchez Nieto and Inés González Megido, participated; the mayor of Baiona, Carlos Gómez; and the president and vice president of the Monte Real Yacht Club, José Luis Álvarez and Alejandro Retolaza; Monte Real is already focusing on its great event in 2022: the ABANCA 52 SUPER SERIES · Baiona Sailing Week.
The most prestigious monohull circuit in the world will call at the Galician fishing village between the 23rd and 28th of this month and the Baion club already has everything ready for what will undoubtedly be the nautical event of the year in Galicia, sponsored by ABANCA and Xacobeo 21-22.
REPSOL TROPHY 2022 44th SPRING REGATTA
Final general classification after holding 2 tests
ORC CLASS 1-2-3
1. MAGICAL · JULIO RODRÍGUEZ · RCN VIGO · 1 POINT
2. SAILWAY RODRIGO OJEA CM CANIDO 2 POINTS
3. APRIL OILS JORGE PÉREZ CANAL RCN VIGO 3 POINTS
1. SAGAR V ROLANDO ANDRADE RO YC 1 POINT
2. DEEP BLUE 2.1 VICENTE CID RCN VIGO 2 POINTS
3. MARACANÁ · CARLOS GARCÍA · RCM AGUETE · 3 POINTS
1. SECOLITE · JAVIER REY · MRCYB · 1 POINT
2. BOUVENTO · OSCAR JOSÉ COMESAÑA · MRCYB · 2 POINTS
3. MARCOLFO · ANTONIO FRANCISCO GÓMEZ · RCN VIGO · 3 POINTS
1. YESS RUI RAMADA + ÓSCAR GONZALEZ PEIXOTO MRCYB 1 POINT
2. VAGALUME · LUIS VIDAL + EVA FERNÁNDEZ · INDEPENDENT · 2 POINTS
1. ALBOROTO · JAVIER AGUADO · MRCYB · 2 POINTS
2. OKOFEN · JAVIER DE LA GANDARA · MRCYB · 5 POINTS
3. TIRED · ALEJANDRA SUÁREZ · MRCYB · 9 POINTS
1. BOUVENTO · OSCAR JOSÉ COMESAÑA · MRCYB
2. SILLEIRO ANGELA RODRÍGUEZ MRCYB
3. ERIZANA · MARTA QUINTÁNS · MRCYB
SPONSORSHIP 7,000 EUROS TO THE BEST J80:
ALBOROTO · JAVIER AGUADO · MRCYB
AWARD FOR THE BEST FEMALE CREW OF THE REPSOL TROPHY:
SILLEIRO ANGELA RODRÍGUEZ MRCYB