The BAITRA LIGHT SAILING Trophy – Class 420 Qualifying will be held in the waters of the Bay of Baiona on February 17 and 18, 2018, organized by the Monte Real Club de Yates and the Galician Sailing Federation, with the sponsorship of BAITRA.
The regatta will be governed by:
• The regatta rules as defined in the ISAF RRS Racing Rules of Sailing 2017 – 2020.
• Class 420 Rules.
• The class rules and Measurement Instructions that are part of the
• Sailing Instructions;
• Competition Regulations of the Galician Sailing Federation
• The Race Instructions and this Notice of Race
• RRS Appendix P will apply
In case of discrepancy between this Notice of Race and the Sailing Instructions, the latter shall prevail.
· Participants may display individual advertising classified as Category C in accordance with ISAF Regulation 20 and the RFEV prescriptions for said regulation.
· Pursuant to ISAF Regulation 20, competitors may be required to display Advertising on the forward 20% of the hull on each side of the boat. All this would be provided at the regatta office once your registration is confirmed.
* Modifications to the stickers provided by the organizing committee are not allowed.
· The Monte Real Club de Yates reserves the right to demand the removal or replacement of any type of advertising, message or image displayed during the event of the boats or the equipment of their crew members, which does not comply with generally accepted moral and ethical standards (ISAF Regulation 20) or contravene the interests of the organizing club. This includes holding races on the regatta course, at the club’s facilities or while at the regatta committee’s disposal.
* The owner or skipper of the boat with advertising will be asked to indicate or show the type of advertising that will be displayed during the celebration of the regatta, for the approval of the organizing committee.
Participation will be limited exclusively to Class 420 boats
Entries will have registration fees of €15/sailor and must be completed through the Sailing Control platform before 7:00 p.m. on February 14, 2018.
The registration rights must be made effective by transfer or payment made in the current account indicated below (indicating Ctº. Gallego 420 and number of Sail of the boat),
ES92 2080 0559 2330 4000 3658
or in cash at the MRCYB offices.
The Registration of participants and coaches will be mandatory, have the following documentation:
• Federal license in force
• Class Card
• Proof of having paid the registration
• Duly completed registration form.
All coaches must possess the following documents;
• TECHNICAL FEDERATION LICENSE 2018
• CERTIFICATE OF SAILING TECHNICIAN I, II or III.
• DOCUMENTATION-MARITIME REGISTRATION OF THE SUPPORT VESSEL.
• RECEIPT OF SUPPORT BOAT INSURANCE.
• REQUIRED CERTIFICATION FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF THE SUPPORT VESSEL.
They must also carry, while at sea, a VHF transmitter with channels 16, 06 and 72. In addition, each crew member of the support boat will be provided with a life jacket.
Only qualified registered coaches (level I, II, III) with a valid federative license will be considered coaches. All the others will be considered as companions or team delegates and may not be less than 50 meters from the regatta area, except with the express authorization of the organization or during rescue and security tasks.
·Each skipper (or their representative coach) must personally sign the Registration Form before 1:00 p.m. on February 17, 2017.
· Only the person registered as such may act as patron.
The event program is as follows:
From 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Regatta Office Opening
Registration of participants
Delivery of Sailing Instructions
Coaches and Committees Meeting
Exit signal 1st test of the day
Start signal 1st test of the day (This day a Start signal will not be given after 16:30)
COMPETITION FORMAT. ROUTES
The competition format will be fleet
· There are 6 tests scheduled, of which 1 must be completed for the validity of the Trophy
Trapeze tours with a duration of approximately 40-45 minutes will be used
Appendix A and the Low Score system, described in RRS rule A4.1, will apply.
The list of prizes will be in accordance with what is stipulated by the Class and will be displayed in the TOA before the start of the first test.
· The participants in the trophy do so at their own risk and responsibility.
· The MRCYB or any person or body involved in the organization of the event, reject any responsibility for loss, damage, injury or inconvenience that may occur to people or things, both on land and at sea, as a result of participation in the covered tests. for this Notice of Race.
· Attention is drawn to Fundamental Rule 4, Decision to Race, of part 1 of the RRS, which states: “It is the sole responsibility of a boat to decide whether to participate in a race or to continue racing”.
Correctly registered and admitted sailors and coaches will be given a skewer on the 17th and 18th.